Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 August 2013

The Reason


Why will I travel by hitchhike in South America?

This is a question with a long answer. First of all, I would like to write a book. But, what sort of book I would write, I didn’t know. I would like to write something funny, nice, interested, real and also that would give people information. I thought about this for a while. I really would like to write something, but what?
Then thoughts started to come to my mind all the time. Most of them about travelling. All right, then. I already know the subject. Let’s work it out.

Then I remembered that when I was travelling through Europe, it was normal hit the road and ask for a ride instead to get a bus, sometimes a train.

Once I lost a train to visit a friend. The next one would leave the following day, only. I called my friend to tell her the news. I would be late. Then she said, hitchhike then. It’s easier, cheaper and I guarantee you will get here today. I thank her for the option and I chose to take the next train the following day.

Many people I know from Brazil (the country I was born) prefer travelling overseas than in South America, or even in Brazil. Many of them even didn’t much Brazil. Some have been overseas, but didn’t know the estate aside their home. And most of the European people I met, if they haven’t been in South America yet, they would kill to go down there.

Then, the light blinked on my mind. That’s it. I’ll write about travelling through South America by hitchhike. Yes, I know, I know, I Know… too dangerous. I’ll check it out then to be sure.

Then I said to my brother, and also to my parents. I planned the trip to February (After Carnaval, of course) leaving from my parents house. Then I told friends and family. The next step was to visit some friends before leaving Dublin.
I went to visit my family here in Dublin

Then I put my backpack on my back and went to Netherlands to say hello


Then I met a friend which inspired me even more – Annika Aneko

Then back to Belgium once more

Then I flew to Rio de Janeiro to spend the Carnaval with my brother and friends

Then I flew to Brasília after Carnaval time

Then I decided to sew the badges from the countries I have been on my backpack

Then I visited friends (Gabriela sewed the badges)

Then I visited more friends

And some more

Then I asked permission to the general (my father) to go accomplish my mission

Add caption
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment